Saturday, April 28, 2007

English Lustreware

Got to an auction Friday evening and was able to get a jug of early English Lustreware with pink, and on the bottom some fine bleed through of cobalt.

Not as nice as these found on http://www.jeanniestreasures.com/images/Photos/smith08-R1-022-9A.jpg

I already had 2 copper and blue ones--one of which sold, but I had bought it for a song so passed on for a quick sale.

For brief info on lustreware visit http://focus.antiquescouncil.com/articlepage.php?artid=114


Once again a felt held back in bidding when thinking I have to sell this for 2x or 3x what I paid for it. Can't quite see items priced as high as might be called for selling in my booth. Maybe I just need to take the leap, buy a few items I really like and see what the market will bear. I could always reconsign to auction down the road. Though a couple who were at the auction with consignments seemed to be taking losses in order to get a cash flow.
The weekend is not over yet so perhaps garner a few more sales. Also a chance to attend an auction on Sunday. Price and pack to take to booth on the 1st!

No comments: