Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Garage sales slump

Last weekend I hit 9 garage sales and drove past 6 more. Pickings were slim. Lots of toddler toys, good if you're a grandparent I guess, clothes and tons of items from Bed Bath, Pier One Target etc. People buy way too much home decor items. One could buy a year supply of candles and candle holders at these sales. The few good items were priced too high!
Sunday was an auction and then learned they are moving to a new location about 40 minutes away. Bought a nice pair of handmade cast iron chairs in a possibly arts and crafts/Asian design. I recovered the seats ASAP and these will go up to booth on next trip.
The staple gun and a square a fabric about fills out my skills of fixing up.
Just learned of a fabric "warehouse" so I'll try to hit there this coming weekend. Working a full time day job, cuts in on going full tilt in this business.

No comments: