Wednesday, May 30, 2007

eBay Buyer experience

Fascinating seeing the variety of packaging used for my purchases. Everything from inside out Fed-Ex envelopes, reused boxes, handwritten labels, a ton of stamps to printed postage.
2 boxes arrived smashed in and 1 item was broken. The broken item was wrapped in bubble wrap but I think the damaged box was what broke off a pitcher handle on a fragile piece of jaspareware.
I found 2 Coca Cola employee shirts that I haven't come across at auctions.
A few items will turn into stock for the mall booth.
Books for reference and pricing will become my "professional" resources.
I've spent a ton of time doing searches on eveyy conceivable item I might want to buy. I see the importance of selecting a category and using key words in the right place. Most importantly I have a better understanding of the need for a photo in the gallery and additional photos as well as the quality of photo. Rulers and measurements are certainly a useful description.
Still hesitant to become a seller, though I started a list of what I think I would sell, and I ordered some boxes through USPS.
New month fast approaching, that may become my goal for June!

No comments: