Monday, March 12, 2007

Do I want to be an auctioneer?

Didn't attend an auction this weekend but did see a new episode of Cash in the Attic. I think that could be a profitable business for someone. Come and take away the treasures for me and let me get a check. I don't have the type of stuff that would make it profitable enough for the auction house to do it. Maybe some of the smaller auctioneers would like to try it.

Attended an estate sale that was the 1st one that the ad and photos really reflected what was in the house. Went back twice and probably have more saleable items than if I had gone to an auction that would have been at 120 miles round trip and hours and hours! I got on the email list of alerts and will certainly scrutinised their next sales and photos.

I know each state has different laws for auctioneers. Whose are the easiest to setup a business? Are those course advertised by Mendenhall, Ruppert etc. worthwhile?

No comments: