Monday, February 12, 2007

the business of antiques

Unable to attend an auction since the 4th and I feel like I'm in withdrawal. Can't wait to get home and read the newspaper to see what's scheduled for the weekend. I've started viewing auctionzip.com and wish I lived elsewhere. The grass always looks greener.
What type of start up costs should I look at to open a booth at a mall? Should I just dive in and start once I have some stock to fill a booth? Should I look at a showcase rental? I usually don't spend much time looking at a looked cabinet, but that might be my hangup not that of a buyer. I like to freely look closely and touch. Anyone had experience selling from a showcase? Can one make more from a yard sale than a flea market? At least with a yard sale I don't have to move everything in and out of a vehicle.

No comments: