Sunday, February 4, 2007

Attended an auction today an it amazes me the variety of items the crowd will buy. Some stuff was clearly junk, other was decent. One woman who had been buying items clearly for a shop or such, bought 3 pyrex style dishes. When asked by a row mate why? She said they are great to put a casserole in and take to someone and not worry about the dish return. I need to change my buying position--be on the lookout for re-saleable items and also items for personal use. I try to figure out who might be dealers, who are collectors and who are the eBay sellers. One thing I am quickly learning is that you can't trust what the auctioneer says. Oftentimes he--I've only been to ones with a male auctioneer, just doesn't know what he has to sell and is ad-libbing to move along the sale.
I am searching for stock that will make a profit. Do I go for an immediate profit or items that may take some time to sell. If will would be a sitter do I need to nake a larger profit on it? Is anyone out there able to give your opinion?
A new month and another round of auctions to visit. It does make the weekend fly.

No comments: