Thursday, December 3, 2009

All I Want for Christmas...

December already and I started thinking of the hours I use to spend pouring over the Sears christmas book.

What were my favorite presents as a kid?

probably a 1950's version of this superior toy printing press. I remember fighting with the small rubber pieces of type and the twezzers to set a line straight. I once visited the typesetters at a large newspaper and was impressed with their linotype machines. Of course those large papers still alive today do it all on computer.

A spiral bound book that had heads you could put onto the headless items in a toy store.

a plastic mickey mouse club belt from the 2nd year of the show.

my own tool box with a few simple tools like a hammer, screw driver, pliers and a small saw.

Color by number book of birds. These came with colored pencils and were a lot less messy than paint by number pictures.

a radio of my very own--I think it was an Emerson in a creamy tan plastic.

What did I hate: a standup walking doll and a cowgirl outfit. I wanted the cowboy outfit that came with a holster and cap gun.
Now I want books about antiques and collectibles, gift cards to the movies and a 1965 mustang convertible!
Happy Holidays to all!

No comments: