Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Great yard sale

Now that the weather has gotten warm the sales are in full swing. Hit my 1st sale where nothing was priced, different items out each day. When I went back on the 3rd day and asked how much for this this and this, I got away with less than half of what I was going to offer for one item!
If I had more room I'd have a new set of patio furniture. Woman was selling off items from mother-in-law's house. Things she couldn't use, but too good to throw out. I got a Rock-Ola bar cabinet for $5 it has inserts for 2 size glasses, a hanging rack for stemware, storage in the bottom and storage behind the serving "board" just right for bottles or rum, vodka etc.
It wasn't even advertized in the paper just signs on a few corners. I happened down the street because of an advertized sale that was a dud. So I chalk it up to my 1 great yard sale of the year. So much schlock and so few good items at most sales. I wonder if clothes really sell other than for growing kids? How many canning jars does i person need, when you can buy new sets after the season at the Dollar stores for less than used.

No comments: