Saturday, February 18, 2012

BOKS BOOKS BOOKS

I really miss Borders Books! Yes I have a Barnes & Noble within 10 miles and most books I've recently purchased were thru Amazon, but Borders book store was there for me in Ann Arbor as a college student and the affection had continued. I loved their magazine selection where I could find The Magazine Antiques, Maine Antique Digest, BBC House and Antiques etc. Now my library has stopped subscribing to Mag Antiques as well as Antiques and Collectibles--so my Amazon wishlist is growing.
Two great books I recently read and want to recommend are:
The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk, a hand book for any business dealing with the public



(image from Amazon)


and Isabel Wolff's A Vintage Affair

(image from Amazon)

Just reading this book inspires me to look for great designer clothing and add it to the booth. The only clothing I've sold has been aprons, Hawaiian shirts, and 1 cotton 50's dress!
Too bad I sold the dress form, just have to find another great vintage one.




(image from Amazon)
Found a copy of this book at an estate sale and now have it at the booth just in time for Easter. Wouldn't a basket of these be a surprise.

Found this great dinnerware pattern at www.replacements.com

No comments: