Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fireworks and the 4th of July

My favorite time of year--parades, fireworks, Jimmy Cagney in Yankee Doodle Dandy, and Fred Astaire dance routine with firecrackers!

As a kid the fireworks we were allowed were sparklers, visit this site for an interesting discussion on fireworks: http://www.howstuffworks.com/fireworks.htmtuffworks.com/fireworks.htm






I now prefer parades and fireworks on TV in the airconditioning.

Canada Day is July 1st and celebrates 140 years of confederation so a round of Oh Canada goes out to all.


I've always liked the pre 1965 flag the Red Ensign
--part of my anglophile propensity. I just found one a few weeks ago, the small kind stapled to a dowel, but color was good.

May both countries maintain a friendly border and celebrate in peace.

No comments: